3 August 2018

Petsket Challenge

During the month of July, I did Petsket challenge on Instagram with my friend illustrators from the MA course, Maria Herbert-Liew, Yiting Lee, Rosemary ShojaieRuchi Mhasane and Archit Vase.  
Petsket collective was a platform to share people's daily drawings, which my friend started, but she is closing it.  So we did the final challenge to draw something everyday for the month!
7月中、毎日何かを描いて#petsket を付けてインスタグラムにアップするというのをイラストレーター仲間と行った。



The word "petsket" came from "bring your sketchbook everywhere like a pet." 
On the day 23, I couldn't find a good thing to draw so I let this girl walk a sketchbook, hoping to find something attractive for the next day!

Here are several of my sketches I made during the month. They are flowers and insects around my house.




Day 6, Skunkvine. ヘクソカズラ。 Despite its smell and the name, its flowers are pretty.


Day11, Green bristlegrass.
エノコログサはカレーの匂いがするとフォロワーの一人に教えていただき、あちこちで摘み取ってみているのだが、未だによくわからない。本当だろうか?



Day 12. ナツノタムラソウ。I put the colour first and then the line for this one.



Day 14, Morning sketch of the Asistic dayflower. Better to be outside in the morning when it is still not too hot. ツユクサ



Day 17. When I went out to balcony to hang up the laundry, this poor beetle was dead there. アオドウガネ。



Day 22. I found this stink bug! アカスジキンカメムシ。



Day 24. Japanese pear is growing at the orchards.



Day 26. My husband came back home with this gorgeous male Sawtooth Stag Beetle!  Apparently, it was at the stairway of our apartment!  ノコギリクワガタ。



Day 30. Persimmon orchard in the evening light.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to bring my sketchbook everywhere and to see everyones beautiful works!

No comments:

Post a Comment