Pages

4 August 2026

Birding in East Anglia

My bird watching friend kindly took us to Breckland and Norfolk coast to watch birds! It was such a special moment for me to go back to see the familiar birds and nature reserves.
Black-tailed Godwits at Cley Marshes. 
ノーフォーク北部にはいくつか大きくて有名な保護区がある。その一つがノーフォーク・ワイルドライフ・トラストが運営するクライ・マーシーズ。スペルはCleyだが、地元の人はクライと発音する!
ヨーロッパチュウヒが飛び立つと、カモメやタゲリが驚いて舞い上がった。でも湿地の真ん中の島に降り立ったら、あまり気にせず、またまわりでくつろぎはじめた。
Shellduck 
出水で見損ねてしまったので、カブカはずっとツクシガモが見たいと言い続けていた。 イギリスなら簡単に見られるかと思っていたけれど、今の時期、イギリスで繁殖した成鳥は、オランダやドイツのワデン海の島や砂州に渡り換羽をしているようで、ほとんどいないらしい。 でも運良く、ずいぶん成鳥した若鳥が数羽、クライ・マーシーズにいた。
I was very happy that I could show the Avocets to Kabuka because it is the iconic bird and it is on the RSPB logo!  
ソリハシセイタカシギ。
Linnet ムネアカヒワ 実は和名を全く覚えていなかった鳥。
Stone Curlew at Breck and they had two chicks! 
イシチドリ。けっこう距離はあるけれど、ヒースの中を動くのが望遠鏡ならとてもよく見られる。何か足元で動いている小さな白い鳥がいると思い、よく見たら、なんとイシチドリのヒナだった! 今頃まだヒナがいるというのはけっこう遅いのではないかとのこと。二番子だったりするのかな。

Thinking back, my Cambridge days were when I watched birds most intensively.  And it is all thanks to my birding friends there. 
I love the quiet time sitting in a hide for a long time, watching, listening and drawing birds. Somehow birding places in Japan are not as comfortable as those hide in UK nature reserves! Maybe it is something to do with lack of hides or climate or the numbers of mosquitos.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment