1 April 2014

Sakura

Sakura, the cherry trees are in full blossom now!
This pink scenery is certainly one thing I missed for the last few springs.




I think sakura is one of the most difficult flowers to paint. It's white and petals are so thin that they look somewhat transparent. Yet, when you look at them from far away, they look pinkish.



I picked up this branch with several blossom buds on the ground and took it back home. Shortly after I put it in a vase, they started to open their blossoms!



Brown-eared bulbuls are the most popular visitors to the flowers. They are enjoying their special sweet drinks, making their bill all yellow with pollen. But I found it very difficult to sketch them because they gulp down the juice one after another, moving from here to there...



春まっさかり。アオサギも婚姻色になっていた。

No comments:

Post a Comment