4 September 2013

Farewell to the beloved country

I am sorry for being quiet on this blog. But somehow I was having trouble logging in to this blog. It was something to do with my blog account and the internet provider.
Now I can open the page and log in because I moved...back to Japan.


I finally decided to come back to Japan although I wanted to stay in England much longer! But it was time for me to wake up from the lovely, innocent dream and sort out my life, money and jobs.
The last three years, I had the most wonderful time in Britain. It was such an eye opener to live in a foreign country on my own and make friends with people from all over the world. And I have to say, I was extremely lucky with my friends! Thank you all of you who shared wonderful time!


Some memories from the last few days in England....



The RSPB Cambridge local group kindly organised a farewell field trip and a big BBQ party! It was all thanks to the group and people I met through the group that I visited so many wonderful nature reserves and watched more than 200 British bird species. I wouldn't have enjoyed the three years half as much if I didn't join the group. Thank you so much!



At one of the last birdwatching occasions, my friend kindly took me to Cavenham Heath to see these strange but lovely creatures, stone curlews. My favorite flower, heather was all in purple. I will miss these heathland!



Another occasions, we visited Lakenheath, where we always had amazing sunset show. Just after the sky became pink, we found a young marsh harrier with green tag. "LA" was written in black letter. It seems that the young was tagged at Sculthorpe Moor in 2012.




And my Japanese friend family in London kindly made my dream come true! On weekend, we visited Selborne, where the 18 century natural historian, Gilbert White was born and spent his life observing and recording nature.


Recalling all the things I have experienced and all the people I met, I can not think of anything better to happen!
And I am sure that we will get together again! We must start another voyage someday soon, my dear shipmates, hopefully in the country where we all love!

5 comments:

  1. 佐藤圭祐5/9/13 05:18

    帰国したんだね、お帰り!
    今後の活躍を応援しています。

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all miss you in England!
    ティンちゃんに会うたびに、こちらも夢がむくむく膨らむので、
    いつでもまたおいで〜!
    イギリスの「実家」として、うちを利用してください。

    ReplyDelete
  3. たかのり6/9/13 00:41

    おかえりなさい!!
    また新しい出発ですね。
    これからの旅路に幸多かれと祈ります!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ヒヨ吉6/9/13 08:24

    お帰りなさい!
    充電したものが発展していく様子を、日本でも楽しませていただきます!
    お土産話が聞かれる日を、楽しみにしています。

    ReplyDelete
  5. 佐藤先輩、
    はい、ただいま! 少しずつ、少しずつ日本での活動も再開していかなくては、です。
    Aoiさん、
    本当に、本当にお世話になりました! もうAoiさんのところは親戚のお家のような気分なので、また遊びにいかせてください。
    たかのりさん、
    いろいろと応援ありがとうございます。これから、一歩踏み出すのが大変そうですが、がんばります。
    ヒヨ吉さん、
    本当にこれから、ですね。お会いできるのを楽しみにしています。

    ReplyDelete